A Quirk of Fate is a busy boutique in the heart of Northcote with a strong focus on providing outstanding customer service and unique products. We are searching for a highly motivated Store Manager to lead a team of customer service superstars.
If you're a passionate and driven self-starter with store management experience, and a passion for small business A Quirk of Fate is a perfect company for you.
Reporting directly to the Store Owner your role as Store Manager will require you to work independently to ensure our high customer standards are met by yourself and all team members, to drive sales by engaging with customers and build a strong customer base.
You should be an influential leader with strong time management and prioritisation skills who can clearly communicate, foster a positive workplace culture and ensure the business is hitting strategic targets.
Responsibilities for Store Manager
- Drive customer service excellence to every aspect of the store, including store appearance, maintaining visual merchandising standards, product placement, story layout, and selling procedures
- Ensure strategic goals and sales targets of the store are met by maximizing sales and gross profit, reviewing sales performance, controlling expenses, and managing inventory; you must be able to work to and within budgets.
- Hire, train, develop, and supervise staff coach and mentor the team by building product knowledge and detailed training. Provide staff with feedback and performance evaluations to ensure a seamless customer experience is delivered
- Coordinate daily staffing and staffing schedules
- Ensure the store complies with outlined safety policies and procedures, as well as state and local health regulations
- Perform administrative tasks to support the smooth operation of all store operations, including the timely submission of all personnel paperwork, preparing and submitting reports, and monitoring sales receipts and cash
- Mitigate loss by ensuring proactive measures are introduced and maintained and monitor stock and inventory, and perform quality assurance of merchandise on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with other team members and contribute to developing marketing campaigns and strategies in-store, via social media and online.
- Develop and maintain strong, professional relationships with suppliers.
Qualifications for Store Manager
- A minimum of 2 years of retail management experience required with a proven record of driving sales and service.
- Minimum high school diploma; Business Management Certificate 3 or above advantageous
- Must be highly organised, a strategic thinker and a lover of implementing and following systems and procedures
- Have strong written, listening and spoken communication skills
- Exceptional organisational, time management, prioritisation and multitasking skills
- Experience with interviewing, hiring and evaluating candidates, and assessing and providing constructive feedback on employee performance
- Experience using multiple programs in the day to day running of the business including but not limited to
Vend; POS system
Deputy; staff rostering and communications
Must be highly passionate about supporting small, local, independent designers, makers and businesses and have shared passion and understanding for our values and ethos.
This position will be Full Time with the ability to negotiate working hours. It is a requirement of this role that you work occasional weekends.
If you believe you’d be a great fit for A Quirk Of Fate please forward your CV and Resume to email@example.com.
Applications will be received via e-mail only. Please do not drop applications off in-store.
Applications close January 15, 2021
Casual Retail Assistants
We're looking for a passionate, dedicated sales assistant/s to join our team.
We’re a seeking team members willing to join our small team on a long term basis.
The position/s are highly suitable for anyone who is studying and available for weekend work and during holiday periods or anyone who is highly flexible. We require mature and reliable team members who have an understanding of small business.
We’re seeking someone who has a particular passion for supporting local designers, makers and small business and understands what our business is about. Knowledge of the brands that we stock is a bonus.
We require the successful candidate/s to possess previous retail experience, to have relationship-building skills and be able to execute superior customer service.
To be considered for this position, you will demonstrate the following:
- strong customer service skills, with the ability to engage with customers
- a genuine sales approach
- be highly determined, with an ambitious drive to achieve targets
- proven ability to co-ordinate effective team communication
- ability to work independently, displaying initiative and a strong ability to prioritise and multi-task
- proficient in stock management and inventory
- commitment to continuous improvement through goal planning
- well presented and show strong organisation and communications skills
- be punctual and reliable
Any experience using Vend point of sale and Shopify is highly valuable as well as a knowledge and/or experience with social media management from a business perspective.
Working weekends and availability over the Christmas period (Nov-Jan) is essential.
If you think that you’re the right candidate for the position please e-mail a cover letter detailing your interest in the position and outlining your availability and a copy of your CV to Kylie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close January 15, 2021