A Quirk of Fate is a busy lifestyle boutique in the heart of Northcote with a focus on providing outstanding customer service and unique products. We are searching for a highly motivated Store Manager to lead our existing team of customer service superstars. If you're a passionate and driven self-starter with store management experience, and a passion for small business A Quirk of Fate is a perfect company for you.
Reporting directly to the Store Owner your role as Store Manager will require you to work independently to ensure our high customer standards are met by yourself and all team members, to drive sales by engaging with customers and build a strong customer base.
You should be an influential leader with strong time management and prioritisation skills who can clearly communicate, foster a positive workplace culture and ensure the business is hitting strategic targets.
Responsibilities for Store Manager
- Drive customer service excellence to every aspect of the store, including store appearance, maintaining visual merchandising standards, product placement, story layout, and selling procedures
- Ensure strategic goals and sales targets of the store are met by maximizing sales and gross profit, reviewing sales performance, controlling expenses, and managing inventory; you must be able to work to and within budgets.
- Hire, train, develop, and supervise staff coach and mentor the team by building product knowledge and detailed training. Provide staff with feedback and performance evaluations to ensure a seamless customer experience is delivered
- Coordinate daily staffing and staffing schedules
- Ensure the store complies with outlined safety policies and procedures, as well as state and local health regulations
- Perform administrative tasks to support the smooth operation of all store operations, including the timely submission of all personnel paperwork, preparing and submitting reports, and monitoring sales receipts and cash
- Mitigate loss by ensuring proactive measures are introduced and maintained and monitor stock and inventory, and perform quality assurance of merchandise on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with other team members and contribute to developing marketing campaigns and strategies in-store, via social media and online.
- Develop and maintain strong, professional relationships with suppliers.
Qualifications for Store Manager
- A minimum of 2 years of retail management experience required with a proven record of driving sales and service.
- Minimum high school diploma; Business Management Certificate 3 or above advantageous
- Must be highly organised, a strategic thinker and a lover of implementing and following systems and procedures
- Have strong written, listening and spoken communication skills
- Exceptional organisational, time management, prioritisation and multitasking skills
- Experience with interviewing, hiring and evaluating candidates, and assessing and providing constructive feedback on employee performance
- Experience using multiple programs in the day to day running of the business including but not limited to
- Vend; POS system
- Shopify; Webstore
- Xero; Accounting
- Deputy; staff rostering and communications
Must be highly passionate about supporting small, local, independent designers, makers and businesses and have shared passion and understanding for our values and ethos.
This position will be Full Time with the ability to negotiate working hours. It is a requirement of this role that you work occasional weekends.
If you believe you’d be a great fit for A Quirk Of Fate please forward your CV and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be received via e-mail only. Please do not drop applications off in-store.
Applications close Friday, March 6 at 5pm.